I always seem to run late on stuff. Case in point: I got a really cool, sweet notice in my comments awhile back, and then (dingbat that I am sometimes) forgot to follow up on it until tonight. As the saying goes (which I rarely use, but it seems to fit here), “My Bad!” So, Maddie Cochere, I’m trying to catch up on stuff now. Please forgive me for being so s-l-o-w.
There are rules to accepting these awards, I have discovered. For this one, I’m not sure if I’m supposed to pass it on or not. There are many folks on WordPress that I think are wonderful enough to nominate for a LOT of awards, but they don’t really want awards, so I’ll just answer the questions that were listed, thank Maddie for nominating me, and call it good.
So, here are the questions I’m supposed to answer:
1. What is your favorite song? Too many to list here!
2. What was the last thing you ate? Dinner
3. Do you prefer to read from an eReader or a paper copy? PAPER!! but then, I enjoy my Kindle too, so….
4. List your five favorite movies? five? Uhm … lemme see … Faith Like Potatoes, Fireproof, Up, the entire I Love Lucy series, all the old Andy Griffith series (do these count as movies??)
5. What writing project are you working on now? This post
6. Are you allergic to anything? Yes
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at camp…” Oh my goodness – do I have stories!! You should HEAR them!!!
8. How do you handle telemarketers? I let them talk to my answering machine and then delete the message.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and mailed it? Does a Christmas card count? If not, then … uhm …
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents? I love sewing, drawing, cardmaking (a latent talent right now, sadly) … and other fun stuff. Hubby wishes I liked cooking more.
11. What is your favorite joke? One that my friend’s kids told me when they were about 3 and 5, about a redhead and a blonde (they were a redhead and a blonde!!) – do you want to hear it? The thing that made it funny wasn’t the joke, but who was telling it, and what color their hair was. I still laugh, 20 years later, about this one.
Well, folks, there ya have it – my entire life story spread out for all to read. OK, that may be stretching it just a wee tiny itty bitty bit. I did leave out a few details – like, the story of my birth – didn’t I? I’ll correct that right here: one day in the middle of the night, many years ago, I was born. I was almost late, but made it just in time for my birthday. I’ve been late for everything else ever since.